Pandemonium and Soliloquy

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Programming Uncertainty

Well, not literally. That'd be kinda tricky. My uncertainty is in what language to use for a chess playing program prototype. I was working with Haskell, then Java, then c++, although somehow my first attempt to write the classic "hello world" program caused my IDE to crash, and I lost confidence in my c++ abilities shortly after. For now, its back to java... i think. Oh the indecision, so many languages, so much uncertainty. And If I give up on Java again? Well, then i'll probably try writing it in... French.

4 Comments:

  • "Je suis un ordinateur"

    w00t, i actually remembered that on my own ;)

    Good luck, but you know haskell is where it's at ;P

    By Blogger Tim Cuthbertson, at 9:29 pm  

  • I say Haskell is the cheeze <--

    Perfect for algorithms, especially AI games, and the writing of games such as Chess.
    (Although professional chess AI like Deep Blue is written in assembly and placed on special "chess chips" designed solely for chess AI, isnt that cool?)

    You're the one at midyear who tried to convince me to use Haskell!

    For the record:

    #include <stdio.h>
    int main(int argc, char **argv) {
    printf("Hello World!\n");
    return 0;
    }
    :D

    By Blogger Eat_My_Shortz, at 11:13 pm  

  • Well, French is a silly language as I know, less words than in English actually. I think Java apps are cool although I'd not know how to write a program in it to save my live LMAO. Good luck.

    By Blogger Toria/Deb, at 8:13 am  

  • muhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa guess who...just commentin to c my text on a blog site muwha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home