Pandemonium and Soliloquy

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Tangents

Someone said that one should never begin writing about a subject by quoting it's definition from the dictionary.
Except, a dictionary. Any dictionary which begins with a self referential quote, in any capacity, is right on in my book (though i don't know which book 'my book' is exactly). Particularly if that word were "dictionary", in which case it would be informative in a strange (and dare i say, recursive) way. Crazy. I imagine it might be sound something like this:

In here, words do lie
this is a dictionary
meanings herein explained

...were it written in haiku.

Or, more boldly, in palindromic haiku:

Eye level for pi,
madam lives, as evil mad.
am i prof Leveleye?

...which bears little to know relation to an understandable definition of a dictionary (though if you think hard enough, you may transcend the words and understand its meaning)
. Though this for certain would enrage a few idiotic sequential dictionary readers, and a few conservatives who would prefer that the dictionary retain its original obvious ephemeral non-transcendental unobserved unpoetic factual meaning.

fortunately for me, my tangent does not extend to infinity. Also fortunate, i did not quote the title of this article at the beginning. I am so very cool for managing to exercise such restraint in this garble of letters and spaces. I haven't spoken much about tangents... and yet, I had considered writing a musical version of this post... but i did lack moxie. The point has been hopefully gotten across, except that the point was not even 1 dimensional, in that, it did not exist, as far as i am aware. Such is with all of these posts i write.

Spelling/Grammar Disclaimer: Not all the words/phrases in this post were verified for grammatical acceptability... i may be break the English language in this or other posts. You have been warned. Oh, and moxie is a real word.

1 Comments:

  • :blink:

    Wow that was totally craxy Andrew. But I did like it :)
    Tell me you did not come up with that Palindromic Haiku yourself!!!

    By Blogger Eat_My_Shortz, at 12:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home