Pandemonium and Soliloquy

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Day of Mothers


And God declared, "let Women give birth to Child."
And shortly after, corporation said, "Let us profit from this child bearing"
And so was mothers day created.
And possibly, after a minute delay, the feminists
cried out
"And what of single independent mothers day"
And the crowds went silent.

And yet, aren't all specials days, birthdays, public holidays and not to mention religious holidays, equally fabrications of the human mind? And should they not all be seen as real or fake as one another? One might suggest that the only key difference is the relevance of the holiday to the individual, and the general population.

So this mothersday, we went out for breakfast. I won't bore you with the delicious details of my exquiste meal, but i did shortly after make offering of a soft grey upper garment to the childbearer of my family, and it was well recieved.

So too did I cook dinner tonight, simple and yet, enjoyed by all.

And finally, I had some other crap to say, but I can't quite recall at the moment. Oh yes, that's it. I quite possibly invented a cocktail. If it already exists, then it will be with great dismay that i hear of it. I am aware that similar variants to this cocktail do however exist. It is quite simple:

The "unlikely Andrew"

1 part (shot) vodka.
1 part (shot) blue curacao.
2 parts apple juice (as fresh as possible)
Garnish with a chunk of apple.

Very sweet, and somewhat strong.

Thats all for now!

- Andrew

7 Comments:

  • Yes. Mother's Day. Just another excuse to spend money. Lord knows we need excuses to spend money.

    Oh and, the cocktail is going on my list (at my bar). I don't care if someone else thinks they invented it first. They can go...

    Can't finish the sentence. Gotta go do work.

    O.R.

    By Blogger Dave, at 9:54 pm  

  • Yes I do agree... dont like all these "occasions" which seem to dot our calendars.
    If I ever become a mother, I'll hope nobody makes a fuss!

    Today we didnt really do anything because... well my mum forgot my dads birthday this year ;) lol. So this non-mothers-day was her making up for it... heh.

    By Blogger Eat_My_Shortz, at 10:25 pm  

  • Mother's Day doesn't count because it happens on a weekend and any special occasion that doesn't nullify a working weekday just isn't a marshmallow.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:44 pm  

  • Who are you mysterious anonymous person! do i know thee... or art thou truly anonymous?

    By Blogger Andrew, at 10:51 pm  

  • You may know me. You may not know me. You may think you know me when you really don't. I may know you without you knowing me. You may know others who know me.

    Or I might just be a different Anonymous poster. Do you know?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:14 pm  

  • Funny... I dont think that last post gave any new information at all :/

    By Blogger Eat_My_Shortz, at 8:26 pm  

  • ah well a secret poster. It's not me, anyhow LOL. Mother's are nice people after all is said and done. Who else would kiss your scraped knee and stay up with you when you're sick in the night-time, after all? Mums are to be loved and appreciated every day, not just one day.

    By Blogger Toria/Deb, at 10:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home