Pandemonium and Soliloquy

Monday, August 29, 2005

Aesthetic | Insane

I must be going insane.

Recently, i've started to have an unnatural appreciation of some of the fonts on my computer (iMac), my phone and some fonts in lecture notes. I thought this was a little odd, but not particularly remarkable. That is, until it began to extend to other inanimate objects. A tap. A glass of water. Tonight I found a bowl of rice, my fork (from a nice cutlery, not that its terribly important) and a few pieces of chicken.

Its not like I see these things and gape at them. Rather, I find it pleasing for a split second flash, then return to "normal" and wonder what the hell is going on in my brain.

I admit I wam somewhat obessive about things like diagrams, such as those for study. When i'm not quickly jotting down notes and diagrams almost illegibly, I'll often redraw my diagrams over and over until I am satisfied with the result.

One thing though, I wouldn't call this "seeing the beauty of the world" as one of my sisters friends suggested, as it only occurs in a minority of inanimate objects. It doesn't happen when I observe people, though of course I still find (certain) people highly attractive in a more normal sense, that is, one everyone else can relate to.

My conclusion: I guess I have some kind of passive / active inordinate aesthetic faculty somewhere in the depths of my mind.

/Insanity. For now.

3 Comments:

  • Nah, I don't think it's that weird. Sounds like some sorta aesthetic appreciation to me. I guess that's one thing that drives people to be obsessed with mac hardware for example... (guilty ;))

    By Blogger Tim Cuthbertson, at 9:20 pm  

  • Lol u two mac nutters...

    Me, I'm a self-confessed born-again Open-Source nutter. So we're all nutters in one way or another.

    You appreciate forks. I appreciate low-level assembly code. And milo tin lids.

    By Blogger Eat_My_Shortz, at 9:23 pm  

  • I appreciate rain. It's beautiful, and it washes us clean.

    And, yes, i do think rain is romantic.

    By Blogger Celestial Vision, at 10:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home